Mac Engineering Solutions Limited (“MES”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
This policy is available on our websites at https://macengineeringsolutions.co.nz/
You also have rights. So, if you want to access your data or provide feedback on how we’re using your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of information
Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that MES may collect about you includes:
- name, date of birth (only if required) identification such as your signature or photo ID (only if required)
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
- employer or business details only if you are ordering on behalf of a company;
The main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you request a quote form us
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to MES
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you by MES
- if you apply for a of credit account
- if you interact with MES via social networking services;
- if you submit an employment application to MES
We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from, New Zealand Companies Office, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to MES;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers
- anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
MES may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
- to assist us, our service providers and Related Companies, and other third parties who we share information with for loss prevention or law enforcement purposes in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
- credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a other credit account, of any nature;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to MES in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, market research or feedback collection companies, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- MES’ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to MES;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected;
Transfer of information overseas
Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. The jurisdictions in which the personal information you provide to us may be held include Australia, New Zealand United States of America, Italy, Netherlands, Germany and China.
Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
Where practicable you have the option of dealing with MES anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing and advertising may eventually outsource.
As part of MES’s functions and business activities and to promote the products and services we can provide to you, MES may use, and disclose to third parties, personal information that we have collected from you, for the purposes of advertising and other direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you.
Direct marketing includes MES or third parties:
- sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about MES’ products and services; and
- providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from MES by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
Security and storage
MES will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, MES cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to MES over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
You have the right under applicable New Zealand privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by MES, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact MES” below.
MES may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
MES will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
If MES refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if MES refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal. If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
If you have a question or complaint about this policy, MES’s collection of your personal information or the way in which MES deals with your personal information, this should be directed to MES by email at email@example.com or by phone +64 21 324 553
We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with MESs’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
MES’s website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from MES’s website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. MES is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. MES encourages you to be aware of this when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
Changes to this policy
MES may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website and was last updated in September 2021.